Friday, December 4, 2009

Suave Suede


Being in retail makes you understand two things. One, Christmas is a crazy time to be working in the mall. And two, people are absolutely crazy when they're shopping for Christmas. So it's always nice to come home, relax with my roommates, and not have to think about it. But tonight, is a different night. We've decided that we are going to put up a Christmas tree, since we were too broke to afford one last year (because we are struggling students.) Anyways, unfortunately for me, I will be missing out on all the festivities due to work. I'm kind of bummed out about this since the night entailed Christmas movies and baking cookies. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to put my domestic desires on the back burner.

Side note: As I was leaving for work, my roommate walked into the living room as the tree was being put up. She had this look on her face like it was already Christmas morning. It was endearing, she looked like a kid again. I guess that's what Christmas does to us all.

Coming back home from work was an absolute surprise, a really great one actually. I told my boyfriend that I thought I might cry. The decorations are beautiful, and our house feels like a home. I can't wait to start stuffing the stockings.

On another note, I've been looking at a lot of different textures in fabric. I guess I've been searching for a certain richness in fabrics. But nothing screams richness like suede and velvet. The combination, when done right, is phenomenal. I chose a palette that had some depth to it with rich blues, greens, and reds. I kept the accessories simple, as I wanted the emphasis to remain on the clothing. All together I love this look, especially the navy suede lace up shoes with silver hardware detail. It looks perfect with the knitted shawl cardigan from Topshop.


Suave Suede


Clothing Knitted Shawl Cardigan Lace Cup Corset Glitter Velvet High Knickers Black 120 Denier Opaque Tights (Topshop)
Accessories Suede Lace Ups ( Opening Ceremony) Mulberry| Bayswater Leather Bag Kate Spade Gumdrop Studs-Black Basso Brookle Glass Cuff by Disaya Disaya


2 comments :

  1. i am in love with those shoes!
    mel

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh as am i. i would love them even more if they were on my feet.

    ReplyDelete