Monday, December 7, 2009

"Called it!"

I'm sitting here with my boyfriend still recovering from the shocking ending that was, Gossip Girl tonight. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but it's pretty crazy. For those of you who aren't fans, well that's quite alright. For those of you who are, shit just got real.

Moving on to why I'm writing this post. I'm sure you can relate to my experience. So, there's always that one person in your group of friends that always seems to think that they discovered something that blows up in the mass media. You know when you have a conversation that goes something like this:

Dustin
" Hey, have you ever heard of so and so band?"

Kaylie
" No, who are they?"

Dustin
" Man, like the next ( insert popular band name here ). I'm calling it right now. They're going to be HUGE!"

Kaylie
"Okay...."

I'm pretty sure we all have a friend that "calls it". You know, when that band that they were talking about 2 months ago, that you hadn't even heard of, is now the biggest thing on the scene. And like all the other times when they "call it", they seem to want to get some kind of credit for foreshadowing the success of said band. Yeah, them. Well, I have the great fortune of having one of those friends, actually he happens to be my boyfriend.

He tends to "call it" a lot. I simply smile and listen to what he has to say, and often he seems to have a good eye for catching the goods. This time in particular he mentions Ray Romano. I instantly tune him out. All I can remember is the annoying jingle that plays at the beginning of Everybody Loves Raymond and I'm instantly turned off. I don't love Raymond. In fact, I've never been a fan of Ray Romano not even in Ice Age, and he wasn't even in the movie, he was just a character's voice. I've just never thought he was funny. Up until now.

Dave, that's my boyfriend's name, found this trailer online. I'm happy he did, because after watching this, I think I might give Mr. Romano a chance to show some worth. The show is called Men of a Certain Age, and it follows the story of a group of college buddies that keep there friendships going through college, marriage, kids, separation, and hell even mid-life crisis. It's a surprisingly refreshing idea, and I'm kind of excited to see what the show has to offer. So, I leave you with the trailer that Dave gave me when he was "calling it". Enjoy!









No comments :

Post a Comment