Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Box

Photobucket

What a long day. My roommate asked me if I could be her model in her theater make-up class, and let me tell you being the model is just as tiring as being the make-up artist. I have a new found respect for some of my make-up victims, removing that make-up was insane. Her idea was to do a Dia de los Muertos inspired look, and it turned out fantastic. I can't wait to see the prints.

Anyways being around all these talented make-up artists just got me thinking about some of my favorite make-up artists. One in particular being the Miss Alex Box, creator and founder of Illamasqua cosmetics. Her work is very bold and colorful, quite graphic. Her cosmetic line Illamasqua is a company where their slogan is, "make-up for your alter-ego" and is it ever. Seeing their campaigns makes me so excited to get into the make-up industry, because to be frank this is the type of work that I'm looking to get into, bold, graphic, challenging. Here are a few of her campaign ads, they're fabulous.

No comments :

Post a Comment