Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Favorites



summer makeup


Summer time when the living is easy. Billie Holiday croons in the background as I'm applying my makeup, but something has changed. I don't want to spend 30-40 minutes applying my makeup. I need simplicity, especially since I'm trying to absorb as much of this beautiful weather as possible. All this being said, I still want to look fresh faced. 
Here are a few options for you when looking for Summer makeup. 
Keep everything light, that means switch out your thick, perhaps cream foundation and opt for something sheer in texture. For example my go to, Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. Reminiscent of a tinted moisturizer but with a few more benefits such as priming, perfecting, concealing, and controlling oil through out the day. Did I mention it has an SPF of 35! Protecting your skin is rule number one during the summer. 
If you feel like you want a little more coverage go in with a little bit of concealer, one of my favorites being Bobbi Brown's corrector in peach.
Next up, enhancing your eyes. I love the Make Up Forever Aqua Shadows they're creamy and they're waterproof! Also, a few coats of a fiber wig mascara will have you jumping for joy. It's completely water resistant, and you don't need to spend hours removing it. Just apply a little bit of warm water, and the tubes that coat themselves around each eyelash with wash away.
To finish off the complexion go for a natural sun kiss glow. I love Laura Mercier's Loose Shimmer Powder in Sundust. It has a slight shimmer to give the skin an extra glow. If you have oily skin, don't fret there are plenty of matte options out there. Rely on your own natural oils to give you that J-Lo glow. 
Also, don't forget to add a little bit of color with some cream blush. Josie Maran's Argan infused cream blushers are gorgeous, and hydrate the skin at the same time.
Finally, a fun colorful lip. Summer is all about color, experiment with different shades and textures of lip products. I've had a crazy obsession with coral lipsticks. The one I'm wearing obsessively at the time is Dior Addict Extreme lipstick in Saint-Tropez
Down below you will find a tutorial as well. Hope you all enjoy.
Take care.

No comments :

Post a Comment