Monday, January 11, 2010

Patterns

It's a new year, and I find myself getting back to my old self again. How, you ask? Well, I got myself a gym membership, I'm starting to paint again, and I'm applying to school. Basically, I'm getting my act together. I'm going to be 22 this year and I've finally narrowed down my options and chosen the field that I want to work in.

Since this is a new year, I've decided to introduce a new segment on my blog called Song of the Month. I figured this would bring me out of the trance that I've been in ever since listening to The Temper Trap's, Conditions. How will I choose the Song of the Month? Well, my criteria stands as follows: I have listened to the song more then 3 times in a day, I immediately turn to this song whenever I turn my Ipod on, and I sing the lyrics in my sleep. Okay, so that last step is a bit of a stretch, but lets just say it has to catch my ear so-much-so that I want to dream about it.

So with that, I will introduce my choice for the song of January.

This British alt-rock trio hail from Southampton, England (don't we just love the British.) They go by the name, Band of Skulls. Their latest album, Baby Darling Doll Face Honey, has been on repeat on my Ipod for the remaining days of 2009 and will continue to do so until I find something else to obsess over. The song I have chosen for this month's segment is none other than, Patterns. Their bassist Emma Richardson does the vocals for this song, and does a damn good job of it. So, do yourself a favour and have a listen.






No comments :

Post a Comment